Junior Independent Study
It is important to contact Miss Jane in the office PRIOR to a student's absence to sign an Independent Study (IS) contract. When a student is completing IS, they have 10 days from the date of the absence to complete their work. However, in most cases, students will be completing assignments they missed during class time. In order to receive credit, they will need to turn in the make-up work within the time frame listed below.
A few things to keep in mind:
- There is no set IS assignment. Their assignments are dependent on what they missed in class that day.
- In order to not receive a late grade, if the student misses one day, then they have one extra day to turn in the work; if they miss two days, then they have two days to turn in the work, and so on.
- On a case by case basis, Mrs. Wilson will meet with students who have extended absences to set up a plan to make up the missing work.
- It is the student's responsibility to check with the teacher to see what they need to complete, then ask if they have questions.
- Sometimes assignments can be given prior to absences, but not always. It is dependent upon what the class is working on at that time.
- Assignments not turned in on time due to an absence will be marked as a 0 with the note of missing/absent in Power School. Once the student completes the assignment within the appropriate time frame, the assignment will be graded. Again, it is the student's responsibility to turn in missing work due to absences.
Blank Independent Study Contract Link: