California Education Code Requirements
• A charter school shall not discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school for any reason, including, but not limited to, the academic performance of the pupil or because the pupil exhibits any of the following characteristics:
o Academically low-achieving
o Economically disadvantaged (determined by eligibility for any free or reduced-price meal program)
o English learner
o Foster youth
o Neglected or delinquent
o Sexual orientation
o Pupils with disabilities
• A charter school shall not request a pupil's records or require the parent, guardian, or pupil to submit the pupil's records to the charter school before enrollment.
• A charter school shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason (except for suspension or expulsion).
• This notice shall be posted on a charter school's Internet website and a charter school will provide copies of this notice
- When a parent, guardian, or pupil inquiry about enrollment;
- Before conducting an enrollment lottery, and
- Before dis enrollment of a pupil.
Complaint Procedures: In order to submit a complaint, complete the Charter School Complaint Form and submit the form to the charter school authorizer, electronically or in hard copy, to the following location: